I love free. Especially free food. I think that just might be my favorite thing about my birthday — that I get lots of free food from businesses. I especially love that it gives me an opportunity to sample from businesses that I don’t ordinarily frequent.
In the past 2 weeks, I’ve eaten free (truly free, not “free with purchase”):
- Ice cream from Baskin Robbins
- Ice cream from Coldstone Creamery
- Pulled pork sandwich from Dickey’s BBQ
- Burger and fries from Ruby Tuesday
- Pretzel from Auntie Anne’s
- Frappuccino from Starbucks
- Iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts
- Fried seafood basket from The Crab Shack
- Sub & drink from Jersey Mike’s
- Sub from Firehouse Subs
- Pastry from Panera Bread
- Chocolate from Godiva
- Grand Slam from Denny’s
Most of them require that you join their loyalty clubs well before birthday time — which is why I googled birthday freebies about a month before my birthday, to make sure I’ll be able to get the freebies I’m interested in when the time comes. And, most of them don’t require getting the freebie on the actual date of birth, which is definitely a bonus. I would probably explode if I ate all that in one day.
Love the free!